Essential Reading List

Recently, I was asked to compile a list of my favorite books for inspiration and creativity.  In response to that, I've dug through my library and found a few to post.  Enjoy.


Art & Fear: Observations on the perils (and rewards) of Artmaking - David Bayles & Ted Orland

Art Needs No Justification - Hans Rookmaaker

On Beauty And Being Just - Elaine Scaary

Creativity - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Deep Play - Diane Ackerman

Exuberance: The Passion For Life - Kay Redfield Jamison

Imagine: A vision for Christians in the arts - Steve Turner

Anything by Thomas Merton

Walking on Water: Reflections on faith and art - Madeleine L'Engle

Satchel Willoughby & The Realm of Lost Things - Stephen Roach ;)

The Mind of the Maker - Dorothy L. Sayers

There are a ton more but these should keep you busy for awhile.



Comments

  1. I LOVE "Walking on Water" by L'Engle... one of my favorite books. I'll have to check some of these other titles out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment